Chronic Pain Recovery Program
“Creating wellness instead of hopelessness”
Lasting Recovery provides chronic pain and addiction treatment to men and women in a caring and supportive environment. We help patients regain physical, mental, spiritual and emotional balance as they move from suffering to pain recovery.
Our Chronic Pain Treatment program is appropriate when your chronic pain and substance use has created significant problems for you and interfered with family, work, normal physical activities and social relationships.
Lasting Recovery’s Holistic Approach to Chronic Pain Recovery Includes:
- Optimization of pain control
- Development of skills such as pacing, assertive communication and relaxation
- Improvement in depression, anxiety and anger
- Education to improve the ability to take time out, share and ask for help when stressed
- Reduction in cognitive distortions, increasing function and reducing pain
- Treatment of prescription drug dependency issues
- Involvement of family and friends in learning pain management techniques
CHRONIC PAIN TREATMENT APPROACH
Upon admission, patients are evaluated for anxiety, mood disorders, prescription drug dependency and other mental health disorders. Our assessment and recommendations for care may include referral for detoxification.
We understand that it is very difficult for people to recover from chronic pain by themselves. Our personalized group integrative approach to treatment of chronic pain includes cognitive behavioral therapy, diaphragmatic breathing, visualization, emotional integration, progressive muscle relaxation. EMDR, when indicated, is used to reduce symptoms of anxiety and suppressed emotions resulting from accidents, injuries, physical, emotional or sexual trauma. These processes have been shown to improve the function and reduce the level of pain experienced, returning you to a better quality of life.
Patients meet on a regular basis with their counselor to monitor progress towards the short term and long term goals in their individualized treatment plan. A psychiatrist and RN are available to meet with the patients and consult with their medical team regarding any medication and medical concerns.
Lasting Recovery’s Chronic Pain Treatment Program also includes random drug testing, individual and family therapy, family education group and ongoing alumni support services.
ONGOING CARE FOR CHRONIC PAIN
If you self- refer for treatment, Lasting Recovery will help you develop a community support system.
Referring physicians and therapists may be consulted periodically throughout the program. In addition a patient may also participate in physical therapy through outside providers. At the end of the program the patient is provided with a discharge plan and referred back to the referring professional.
CHRONIC PAIN EDUCATION GROUP TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Understanding and validating emotional and physical pain.
- Accepting ownership of pain.
- Realizing the relationship between medication and pain.
- Accepting and understanding loss and the grief process.
- Pacing, problem solving, planning, perfectionism.
- Recognizing depression, anxiety, fear of the future, loss of self-esteem, anger, guilt.
- Improving family dynamics.
- Finding choices. Choosing between Victim and Victor.
- Reducing sleep problems.
- Enhancing quality of life with chronic pain.
- Recognizing the relationship between pain and trauma
- Learning the childhood patterns that lead to chronic pain vulnerability
- Communicating and active listening.
- Appreciating the role of exercise and nutrition.
- Improving relapse prevention techniques.
Call for help (858) 453-4315
6046 Cornerstone Court W. #113
San Diego, CA 92121
Most insurance plans accepted.
Call to see if yours will cover the cost of your treatment.
California Certified Alcohol and Drug Program #370101AP